Wednesday, November 09, 2005

 

Tuesday November 09, 2005

Today is busy busy busy. I've definitely not got time to relax. I've got to finish writing copy for the new How to Italy website, work on the book, write two articles AND hold a consultation with a client in New York.

But I don't mind because I opened my mail box this morning to find some lovely emails - the kind that leave you smiling all day long.

One was to book a consultation in the next step of a South African's Move-to-Italy project.

Another was from Valerie Ryder, the current president of the Professional Women's Association in Milan, who has agreed to be profiled for Italy magazine.

But the best one was from a woman in Miami to thank me for my contagious energy and excitement, along with the name of an Italian photographer I had wanted to get in touch with.

We first met online six months ago when she wrote to tell me of her plans to move back to Italy after falling in love with Aquila when she spent a semester there. And she plans to move back to the country next year.

Moving to Italy is a huge challenge and it's certainly not easy. But by breaking the challenge into tiny micro-projects, the dream starts to come true.

Emma Bird is the founder of www.howtoitaly.com





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?