Friday, January 19, 2007

 

A blast from the past

I had the shock of my life the other day.

My old French teacher at school had written to me.

Now, not having been a particularly conscientious student - I was more interested in planning my career in journalism than discussing in French the merits of Albert Camus's The Outsider which is a shame because now it's one of my all-time favourite books - I suddenly rewound 12 years and thought I was going to be told off for having scribbled my homework on the schoolbus.

I was understandably relieved it was nothing of the sort and that his daughter, who was taking a gap year, wanted advice on working in Italy which I was only too happy to give.

Emma Bird is the director of www.howtoitaly.com and the co-author of Starting a Business in Italy: how to set up and run a successful business in the Bel Paese





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?