Saturday, January 20, 2007

 

The robbin

The sun is shining and I've just spent the past 10 minutes feeding the robbin that lives in the garden. Just a few weeks ago, he would hop away whenever I came out of the house to scatter nuts and breadcrumbs for him to eat.

But now, he'll happily observe me as I tidy up the garden or hang out of the washing, or simply stop and stare at the seaview which makes my jaw drop always, even though I see it everytime I step out of the house.

And, then, today, the little robbin just hopped nearer and nearer to me and then up onto my hand.

I would have missed that if I'd been working away in the office, so it's at times like this that I'm glad I'm a patio-table expatreneur.

Emma Bird is the director of www.howtoitaly.com and the co-author of Starting a Business in Italy: how to set up and run a successful business in the Bel Paese





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?